Friday, July 20, 2007

Halfway Point

Wow...tomorrow I am officially 20 weeks pregnant...we are halfway there! I cannot believe it! So far everything has been great. These past 3 weeks in Minnesota have been great for me...I have gotten to sleep ALOT, sit in the sun and read, forget about work and other stressors and just focus on God and the babe. Seriously it consumes my mind.
Physically, I am feeling so much better than I did even just a month ago. I had pretty major back pain consistently up until that time. Since I have been here, I have felt twinges of pain here and there but nothing like it was...thank you, Jesus!

We go to the doctor the day after we return home from Castaway to find out the sex of the baby! (Monday, July 30) I cannot wait! I am so ready to be able to fully embrace the idea of boy or girl...soccer or dance...blue or pink. Below is a pic that Kyle took of me last weekend for our moms who have been earnestly waiting a pic to see their grandbaby. I feel much larger than the picture shows...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so great! Praise God that you are having such an amazing time and feeling good. I cannot wait to see you in a week or so!!! I also can't wait to know the sex of the baby because I have some shopping to do :) Can't wait til Florida!!! Love you guys!

Spirit of Adoption said...

Too cute! I know you feel bigger....but it's not because you are bigger....it's just because it's all new and feels SO very different! : ) You look GREAT! : )

I didn't realize ya'll were in MN! Where? We have VERY dear friends up there at Bethlehem!! : )

I'm so glad you are feeling better....was it ligament pain?? OUCH! Or the sciotic (sp?) nerve - I had that a lot too - that really hurts....all the way from lower back to ankle! You are in the best part of preg right now (in my opinion) : )

I look forward to hearing boy/girl too! Any guesses??

Kyle and Shalen said...

Thanks for your comments Rebecca and Shawnda! Rebecca - we CANNOT wait to go to Florida! Mostly because we get to go with you guys! Shawnda! Good to hear from you too! We are in Detroit Lakes, MN for the month of July with Young Life. I have been feeling both the ligament pain and sciatic nerve pain...lucky me! Feeling much better now, though!