Friday, January 30, 2009

Not Cool

Well, I had just posted 2 new posts a little while ago... the first one is no longer on here. It was a cute little post showing how Logan had learned how to take off her diaper and it included a pic of her walking and showing her little hiney. So not a big deal but fortunately, I checked my site meter right after I had posted it (not sure why I did, but I am glad that I did). Well anyway, in a matter of maybe 2-3 minutes, I had 16 hits from various foreign countries. Anyone that watches their site meter, realizes that you do get some random visitors from time to time, but literally 16 in a 2 minute time span on my blog is little weird. So I quickly removed that post and all pictures and got a little sick to my stomach. I don't know if I am just paranoid, but I have read on other blogs how they have tracked key words that had brought random visitors to their blog and it can be gross (regardless how naive the intent). So, just a word of caution - be careful what you are putting out there of your kiddos... there are some lurkers that are not welcome visitors that have access to everything you are allowing them to have access to...

I may consider going private - which I HATE because it's so not convenient and I love looking at blogs and love to have normal folks look at mine! I will keep you posted if I do decide to do that...

2 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

ugh...sickening! I posted a video on youtube of Karis in the bath, and the same thing happened : ( I took it off QUICK! So gross and sad and angering all at the same time!!!

Anonymous said...

what weirdo people out there! i would have taken it off too!

but, you will have to show me those pics sometime...they sound hilarious!